Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beach trip or E.R. trip?

This weekend kind of turned out weird, but for the better I would say. Let me start with the beach trip we were supposed to take...

Bronson knows that I love the beach, he also knows that he upset me when he was supposed to meet my family and me and the beach a couple weekends a go but had to cancel because of too much school work. With this whole beach idea for my birthday he pictured finishing his school work for the week, and having the WHOLE weekend school work FREE, and a WHOLE weekend for just the two of us. We were both very excited, but when Friday rolled around and he had not completed any school work at all, I decided to ask if he wanted to save the special weekend for a time that his work was done and for when we could go to just relax. We both agreed that we didn't want to pay for a hotel just so Bron could sit and do his work. Plus we had a very busy week which went a little like this...Monday we went car shopping, we needed to trade in our older and dying Camry. We thought we had a car and we didn't. We were both a little upset. Later that night was mine and Susan's birthday dinner with the family. Next, we went to his brothers to hang out. Monday = long day, late night and no school work. Tuesday Bronson worked from 6:30 am til 5:30 pm, right when he got home we had a real good friend stop by with his kids. They stayed for a couple of hours. Tuesday= long day, late night and no school work. Wednesday Bron worked the same hours but instead of coming home he met me at a car dealership to look at another car. We haggled and haggled until we got the price right which took 3 hours. We got home a little after 8:45 that evening. Wednesday = VERY long day and no school work. Thursday was the same work hours again for Bron and again we met at the car dealership to finish up the paper work and to bring home our new princess ;) While at the dealership we found out that Bronson's credit has dropped due to him and his dad both being David Sullivan and an out standing medical bill that went to collections is now on Bronson's credit instead of his dads. Thankfully my credit was good so the deal still went through. All that to say once we got home about 8 pm, Bron had to stay up to try to dispute his credit score. Thursday = VERY VERY long day and no school work. So, by Friday morning Bronson was EXHAUSTED and had ALL of his school work to do by Sunday night, and that is when we made the decision not to go to the beach. All for a good reason as well.

Trent (Bronson's middle brother) asked if we could come hang out and we jumped at the idea to see him and his girlfriend who I love, to take a breather from the stress of the week. Shaina and I talked while the boys played video games. We were just finishing up about 11:30, when Trent gets a call from his mom who sounded terrible, was not making sense, saying she was very sick (she has been sick for the past few days now) and really concerning Trent. When he got off the phone he said she doesn't sound good we have to go check on her. Thankfully he had a gut feeling and went off of it. When we got to Susan's and she looked like death, sounded like death and we found out that she had a temp of 105.7. We immediately got her up and took her to the car and caravaned(sp?) to the hospital. The caravan consisted of Trent and Shaina in her car, and then Bron, Slate, Susan, and me in our car. We got to the ER a little after midnight, signed her in and she was quickly taken back and put on an iv. With the iv, her temp finally went down to 100.5 for the night. The boys took turns going back and sitting with her through out the night. While waiting some lady waiting for her friend, almost started a fight with us and caused a scene in front of everyone in the packed waiting room. Lets just say, ssssoooo embarrassing! Susan finally started doing better but was still hooked up to her iv at 3:45 am. Shaina and I decided to leave because she had a work event from 7:30 to 4:30 today and I had a birthday party of a little boy I use to teach from 10:30 to 12. The boys took Susan home once she was discharged close to 4:30 and then came home and crashed. Shaina spent the night with us (long story short) because Bron had her car and was just going to bring it here to our house. She said she was going to wake up about 8:30 and go to her work event (not mandatory and unpaid) for a little while to which I said, awesome here is a key I'll be up at 9:30, because my ride for the party was going to get me a little after 10. Well, I wake up get ready, and walk out to see that Shaina was snuggled nicely in bed still. I laughed and left her there. I got home right at 1 pm thinking I would come in to see Bronson working on school work and Shaina gone to her work event. Well to my surprise both of them were still fast asleep and again I just laughed and left her there and went and laid next to Bron. Trent made a bet with Shaina that she would not get up to go at all today, looks like he knows her pretty well. ;) Bronson also said he was going to get up and do school work...well, in the back of my mind I knew that wasn't going to happen...and look a there, I was right too ;)

The beach trip is now planned for not this next weekend but the next :)

1 comment:

  1. I do hope you can make it to the beach soon. Wow, sounds like a crazy week.

    ReplyDelete